Trust


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust. Now that’s a big word! Yes it is only five little letters long, but it carries a lot of weight. It is one of those words that are easily said, but more difficult to perform. We have a hard time putting trust in a product or a stock. It is enormously difficult to trust a dentist when he says, “this won’t hurt a bit.” Do you trust a politician? I find it difficult to trust my own feelings. And at times it can be difficult to put my trust in God.

It is hard to trust someone you have not seen. I think that is why I have such a hard time with those telemarketers; I can’t see them- is he dressed professionally? does she have a kind face? is he yawning when I’m talking? It can be like that with God. I can’t see or hear Him. That’s a hurdle to get over. In fact, when it comes right down to it, the only way that one can come to God is through trust.

Without faith (another word for trust) it is IMPOSSIBLE to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe (another word for trust) that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (emphasis mine) Hebrews 11:6

So we must come to God with an attitude of trust. Trusting that He has it all figured out; I may not, but He does. Trusting that He has a good plan; mine may have failed, but His never will. Trusting that He can see me through dark times; I may not be able to see, but He sees perfectly.

This also means, as the proverb above says, that I must learn not to trust myself, but to trust God. Or, to put it another way, Trust God before I trust myself. He is far more reliable; He sees far more than I can see; He knows more than I will ever know; He is infinite and I am finite.
Oswald Chambers said it so well, “Trustfulness is based on confidence in God, whose ways I do not understand. If I did, there would be no need for trust.”

Trust God today with what He wishes to do with your life.

If this was helpful, then you may enjoy reading The Clocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment