Making You Glorious

That He might sanctify and cleanse (the church) with the washing of the water of the word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that it should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 6:26&27


When I was single and without thought of impressing the gentler gender, I never gave thought about how I looked, other than the desire to look “cool”. Looking cool could mean a scruffy face, wrinkled and faded cloths, and the like. I had many peculiar ways of dressing, you can be sure.

My wife likes to tell stories of the clothing I would wear when venturing into public. One outfit in particular was a pair of yellow jeans and a yellow shirt. She said I looked like a big banana walking down the road.

After meeting Jennifer, I had to go through a “reprogram”. Through her kind words, I learned the fine details of how not to look like an assortment of tropical fruit, or a jr. high school fashion statement. She introduced me to an iron. And, though I am still in training, I have come a long way, Baby.

In a similar way our Lord uses His word to “reprogram” our way of thinking. With His Word, the Bible, He cleanses us by washing out the old way of thought and giving us a new way of thinking. He has a goal in mind that is far beyond just having a clean “church”. He desires to present us as “glorious”.

Did you know that when you are reading the Bible, God does a cleansing work in your life? Did you know that He is setting you apart for Himself? Did you know that he is making you holy? You see, God helping you to be glorious!

How can God’s word have that kind of effect upon you? Because His word is not dead.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the divisions of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12


A Couple Q's for You
Have you ever needed to go through a "reprogram"? If so, How?

In what way do you need to get a "reprogram" now?

Do you ever struggle knowing that God is not done with you yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment