Three Things to Know


There are times in life when questions may plague you or me. Questions, which if not dealt with, have the potential to shipwreck our faith. They are not long questions, nor are they complicated. But, like landmines, they carry a powerful wallop. Is this faith just made up? Does God really love me? Am I any different now than before I became a Christian? You may word them differently, but the questions are still there.

The Lord knew that we would struggle with things like this from time to time. So throughout His Word He puts anchors for us to hold on to, or perhaps better stated, anchors that hold on to us. One of these anchors for our faith is what He calls us, or how He addresses us.

When you read Romans 1:6&7 you will find in those two short verses three things that God calls you.

…you also are the called of Jesus Christ; …beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 1:6&7

First thing is that you are called of Jesus Christ. Your faith did not originate with you. You are not your faith’s author; it was Jesus who initiated your faith.

Secondly, you are beloved of God. There has never been a moment in your life when God’s love has not enveloped you.

Lastly, you are called to be saints. Upon your conversion, if indeed you have become a Christian, you were called a saint. You will never be the same.

Next time you struggle with those questions head back to these two verses and let them be your anchor for faith.

4 comments:

  1. Kind of amazing that God sees us as Saints. I never really think of myself in that way. I wonder if a lot of people feel this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading "zoolandermsm". I agree. I am more apt to think of myself using so many other term, rather than saint. It is always an eye opener when we stop and hear how God thinks of us. He thinks more highly of us than we will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this Paul. Sometimes doubt all three truths when I am dealing with tough stuff. Romans 1:6-7 squashes all those doubts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Glizzo, thanks for reading. I know you are not alone in those doubts. They hit me quite often. That's why I am so glad that Paul the Apostle gave us these two short, but exceptionally powerful verses. Like you said, the doubts are squashed!

    ReplyDelete