Just the Facts

Thanks to y'all for all the prayers. It has meant so much to our family.

Here are the basics. The second surgery was yesterday (Tuesday, March 5th). Things went well. Doc said he didn't see any more cancer, but he still excised the area once again to make sure there are no cancerous cells left. If there are, then we must do some other things at that point. A stent was put in my the tube that feeds into the bladder from my left kidney. Apparently that tube was swollen shut and not allowing the kidney to drain very well. It is not very comfortable. Every time I "go" my kidney goes into spasms and then hurts for a while after ward. The stent will stay in place for about four weeks. Next week I will have a doc appointment and he will go over the lab works and let me know if there is any cancer left. If all is clear, then in about a month I will start a new round of treatments.

Now it's time for recovery. This means no lifting, or working, or acidic foods, or caffeine, or a couple other things. Ice cream is permitted, but our freezer is currently bare. Oh the trials. We must make a run for it.

I am not the only one in our household recovering from surgery. Our dog Riley went under the knife last week for an infected anal gland. He is a sad dog, but getting better. This means that there are two creatures in our home on stool softeners.


3 comments:

  1. What is your favorite ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite? Well some friends turned me onto some amazing ice cream from Salt and Straw in Portland called Pear and blue cheese. It is amazing. Haagen Dazs makes Rum Raisin that is so good. Tillimook's chocolate peanut butter is a Big go-to ice cream.
      How about you?

      Delete
    2. really depends on my mood, but I will always use Beryer's mint chip as a default.

      Delete