Broken Windows Chapter 9

If you are new to Broken Windows, thanks for reading. You may want to start here http://paulblais.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction.html. I hope you have a good time with the book.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So the end result of that whole meeting landed me in stinking detention for like a week, or something stupid like that. It turned out that old Wiggle Butt was the son of a pastor too. He tells me all about his kidhood and stuff and how he had to live in this spotlight and stuff. He was all trying to build some kind of rapport or something like that with me.

I don’t know… I guess he wasn’t all that bad of a guy after all.


Check this out- he told me how he ended up with his limp. He even said he knew all about the Wiggle Butt name and all. Anyhow, when he was around fifteen or so he had just started to get into drinking and stuff, he had gone to this trestle, you know, one of those bridges for trains. Anyhow they were all going to the trestles to jump off it. It was over this bay by the beach and people would jump off it into the water. He said the trick was to wait for a train to come by and then wait for the last second before you would jump. Anyhow, he was getting all set to jump off the rail when one of his friends pushed him from behind.


So that totally set him off balance as he fell; and it was like way up there at about forty-five or fifty feet high! Stink, that is a stupid high to be jumping from. So anyway, he said that instead of hitting the water all feet first, he went in at some weird angle. And when he hit the water his leg was kind of yanked one direction and his body went another. Man, it gives me the willies just to think about it. His leg was ripped out the hip socket and all these tendons were like ripped to shreds. So ever since then he’s had this funky walk because he never quite healed all the way.


But then he got all preachy with me. He says he wouldn’t normally talk like that to a kid, but me being the kid of a preacher and all, he thought it would be okay. Stink. Then he starts telling me all this stupid stuff about how he had been doing bad things, and how his messed up hip helped him to get his “head on straight”. He said it was like this big wakeup call and how every limpy step reminded him of how he could have died and how he should be living his life for God and stuff like that. I mean, it was all the stuff I had heard before. Not the limpy part, but the stuff about God.


That’s all well and good when all you’ve got on yourself is your own hurt and all. I mean, stink, it wasn’t even his fault. Try being the guy that pushed him off the bridge. Was it a wakeup call for him? If I was Wiggle Butt I’d of given that guy a wakeup call with a few kicks to the head! That’s what people should get when they’re just joking around and they hurt someone really bad. What an idiot. What a stupid idiot!


So anyhow, I end up being stuck in detention. It was the first time I had gotten in any real kind of trouble at school. And it started that same afternoon. I was supposed to bring homework or a book to read because there was supposed to be no talking or messing around or having any kind of fun. Stink, you were in trouble. It’s not like you were supposed to be playing board games or something stupid like that.




~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you like the book, please add a link to your Facebook wall. And leave a comment on here about what you think. I love feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment